Saturday, August 29, 2009

The weekend of July 3rd, my birthday weekend, was the worst of my life. I didn't enjoy my birthday. I felt weak and helpless. I had moments where I'd go blind for 5-10 seconds. I couldn't stop going to the bathroom & when I did, I would be urinating for as long as 1-2 minutes. No exaggeration. Something was wrong.

I went to the doctor two days later. Ran urine samples. Took my blood sugar. When the put my blood into the machine, the number was two large for it to even calculate it. Unbelievable. That's when I found out I had diabetes.

I wanted to die right then & there. It's easy for some to live with it but it's really hard for me. I lived on sugar. Cookies, cakes, candy, juice, soda, etc. I loved those things. And it was all taken away from me right then & there.

I was rushed to the emergency room that same night. Hooked up to an IV where I sat there taking in insulin for 2 hours straight. As I sat there, I was still soaking it all in. I was miserable.

Now every time I get ready to eat a meal, I have to test my bloody sugar, take the right amount of insulin for the meal I'm about to have, & two hours after the meal, check my sugar again. It's a tedious process.

Up until recently, I've stopped doing it. I'm going against doctor's orders all because I can't take it anymore. I don't care to know what my sugar is. I don't care to take any insulin before meals. Even when I did do the whole procedure, I would sometimes skip meals just because I didn't want to bother sticking a needle in me.

3 months in & I'm still not used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment